Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It begins

I will go back to  to 1991. My son, David was 4 years old. A happy, mischievous, active little boy.Not a worry in the world.We were living in Melbourne and I was out at late night shopping. When I returned, David was distraught. My husband told me that suddenly David had blurted out. I'm going to die. He had tried to calm him down but David was inconsolable. I remember in the days following buying some glitter powder and telling him it was fairy powder.and it will take your worries away. This just seemed to make him worse.We put it down to something David had heard on T.V or the stress of the move to Melbourne.( We had lived in Sydney before then) but as time went on this fear of dying reared its ugly head many times.It was always on his mind.It didn't stop him having fun  but it did make him the target of bullies.I don't want to go into it but David had a hard time at primary school when we returned to Sydney in 1994.Kids can be insensitive and there were certainly some insensitive ones that made David's primary school years ,hell,along with a few teachers that should be retired from the profession.I was a teacher and I do not appreciate the way they dealt with the bullying. Their attitude was sweep it under the mat.
When David reached 15 years of age, the dying fear it came back with a whammy.He said he knew he was going to die. He started working at the gym to build up his muscles as he knew he was going to be attacked. He knew he was not big enough or strong enough and wanted to do something to protect himself.He also started eating healthy food and was very self concious of any food he ate. He lived on salads. He had the feeling he may have had something wrong with his body.
My grandfather was a pyschic who gave readings. He also dabbled in the ouija board and had seances. This was in the 1920's when seances were all the rage so I used to think."oh yeah!' lets take this all with a grain of salt. My mum told me that whenshe was a little girl, she awoke one night when her parents were holding a seance.She tiptoed down to the room where the adults were sitting in a circle in dim light. She screamed when she saw a huge, American Indian in full head dress standing behind her father. Her father calmed her down by telling her it was his spirit guide. The Indian had since disappeared into thin air.
I often thought David had inherited his grandfather's psychic abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment