Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Encounters with the other side

We decided to purchase another plot at the cemetary and were there to finalise the arrangements. As we were leaving the lady we were talking to said, "By the way, David's plaque is on the grave." We had been waiting for it to be made. These words did not fill me with cheer. The plaque meant that it was true, David really had died and it was all real. As we left the office I said,to my husband and son,"I don't want to see the plaque." as the words left my mouth a large woosh of wind swept across my head. I was sure it was a bird swooping at me. With flailing arms I must have looked a sight. My husband and son were walking beside and behind me. They said, "What is wrong." I told them and they said," There is nothing there." The air was as still as it had been. Not a breeze or bird in sight. Was David trying to tell me to go and look at his plaque. I think so and so I did.

I was having lunch with some old school friends. Debbie my best friend during my school years had lost her husband when her son, now 22, was 6 months old. We were talking about our losses and how we missed our husband and son. Debbie told me that shortly after her husband died, she saw him standing over the baby's crib. It brought her much comfort. Debbie had a can of coke on the table, suddenly it started moving across the table to me. Debbie, Joanne and I watched in astonishment. When the can stopped we checked it. It wasn't wet. We checked the table and it wasn't tilting. All three of us saw it. We tried to repeat it but it just wouldn't move. Perhaps Alan or David were visiting.

My husband and I were returning home . As we walked to the door my husband exclaimed, "What was that?" I heard nothing. He said it sounded like a swarm of bees flying past his ear.It reminded me of an old "Star Trek," episode where Captain Kirk is put into a higher frequency by Aliens. When he tries to talk to the other members of the Enterprise all they hear is a buzzing noise. Was this David visiting and trying to communicate. I have read that when we ascend we are on a higher, faster frequency.I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment