Thursday, March 3, 2011

Right on time.

I had the feeling that I wanted to watch the old T.V series,"Sliders," with the actor Jerry O'Connell. I had always loved science fiction and the possibility of parallel universes was intriqueing, especially now. I went to the shops and looked for the series. I found it but it was over $50 so decided that was too much to pay for a series I knew little about. I let the idea slip from my mind until a few weeks later when I was at JB hifi with my younger son. It was only $25 so I bought it. I was ready to watch the first series in anticipation but wanted a partner to share it with. I asked my younger son if he would watch it with me. He wasn't in the mood so I shelved the idea for a few days.I asked again and younger son was ready to watch it with me. We settled down and tuned into episode one.
The main character played by Jerry O'Connell is a brainiac who has invented a sliding machine to explore parallel universes. Before he tries the machine out for the first time, Jerry's character records a video diary for his mum. In it he says something like this,"Today is 25th September, I love you mum. If I don't get back please don't throw out any of my stuff as I may make it back one day and don't worry about me as  wherever I am, I'm having a blast"
Guess what day we sat down to watch this episode.? Believe it or not 25TH SEPTEMBER. Go figure that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment