Thursday, March 3, 2011

Questions answered as requested.(short and sweet)

I was at Borders book shop looking for a book that would help me with my grief and give me answers. I asked in my head, "Come on David please let a book jump off the shelf  to let me know you are here." At that moment a young boy ran past the shelf at the end of the aisle.With a "Woops'" he knocked off one of the books. I had to look at it. It was Guiness World Records. Now David was not a reader but every year he asked for the newest edition of "The Guinness Book of Records." I think my question was answered

Before losing David I used to go walking each day with a group of friends. Well their visits became more sporadic after the event. Guess I wasn't much fun to be around anymore. It was my birthday and I was feeling pretty miserable. My friends had always taken me out for lunch but I hadn't heard from any of them for over 6 months. I said to my husband ,"Guess I'll be spending my birthday by myself." That moment the phone rang and guess who??   I had a lovely lunch with my old friends.

As David's death was deemed a homicide we were put in touch with the HVSG- Homicide Victims Support Group N.S.W, formed by Anita Cobby's  and Emily Simpsons parents, ( two of the most horrific murders in Australia) to help people that had lost a loved one due to homicide. In 2006 another family in a neighbouring suburb had lost their son to murder. He was the same age as David and his name was James. I asked the HVSG  group if they could get in touch with James mother and ask if she could talk to me. She rang me soon after and came over for coffee and spent 5 hours with us. She and her family are wonderful people and we have since become firm friends. On that first meeting just after she had left I asked my husband," I wonder if David has met up with James in Heaven.'I walked past the T.V and "King of Queens," was playing. I stopped to watch a bit. At that moment the character played by Jerry Stiller was saying," I really enjoy the company of Mr Palmer." Guess what James last name is?

No comments:

Post a Comment